Saturday, September 10, 2011

Score: Sisters 1 - Brothers ZERO

There are few things in this world that bring me as much joy as the joy I feel while taunting and teasing my older brother.  He has this very large jar of loose change.  We took the jar to the bank hoping they would dump it into the machine and cash it out.  The bank was not willing to do this for us, instead they handed him a large handful of empty coin rolls so we could roll them ourselves.  I'm not sure if we were supposed to drop all of our classes and quit our jobs so we can roll all of his coins, but that, apparently, was none of the banks concern. From the bank we went on a little road trip, luckily I saw a sign advising we were coming close to a toll.  My brother, took a few precious seconds away from his less than American Idol ready singing along with the radio to hand me the jar, and told me to get seventy cents ready for  the toll.  I quickly noticed he was really really into the song and not really paying me much attention.  I proceeded to count one dime, two nickels, and FIFTY pennies.  It was really a bonus when I noticed he was pulling into a booth that had an actual person in it - SCORE!  He still has yet to look over at me, my brother pulls up to the booth, greets the lady, while doing so he holds his hand out in front of me for the money.  I proceed to (with a great feeling of pride and accomplishment) drop all of the coins into his hand, my brother looks over in shock and said, 'What are you doing!?!' I start laughing and say 'Give it to her, give it to her!' My brother puts his head down and sticks his hand out the window and in front of the lady, she says, 'What is that!?!' My brother said, 'Its money, take it!' The lady took the abundance of currency from him with a very agitated look on her face, my brother is glaring at me, and at this point I am laughing hysterically.

1 comment:

  1. I need to have a talk with your brother... I'm certain the two of us could come up with some very well deserved means of exacting revenge on you.

    ReplyDelete