Saturday, September 24, 2011

Negativity = Zero college credits

It was the first day of the semester for my night college level English 202 class.  As I walked up to the classroom I noticed about 4 people standing in front of the door, 1 guy sitting on the floor reading, and 2 more people walking up right behind me.  It quickly became obvious the door was locked.  Three of my fellow classmates began complaining, 'Where is the teacher?'  'How long are we supposed to wait for this guy?'  'I hope he doesn't expect us to be on time if he cant even show up on time'  'This class is going to suck'  Two more students joined in on the negativity, the rest of us remained silent. A few minutes later a janitor came up and unlocked the door for us.  We all filed in and took our seats, of course I being the nerd that I am had to take a front row seat.  I watched the guy previously sitting on the floor reading, walk up to the front of the class, put his bag on the teachers desk and start taking out folders.  I wondered 'What is this kid doing?'  He then walked up to the podium and began taking attendance.  I looked back at the shocked trash talkers and enjoyed the looks of horror on their faces.  I smiled, turned back around, and thought to myself, 'Yeah, you're going to fail.'

No comments:

Post a Comment