Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Good Parenting

One night my oldest nephew was not behaving and continuously waking up my Dad.  After a few warnings he woke him up again.  I told him it was time to go to bed. I know this is not the best parenting in the world but I wanted to pay him back, so I popped in the Jeepers Creepers DVD (this will teach him!)  We both watched the entire move from beginning to end and he didn't flinch once.  We were still both wide awake, feeling a little defeated, I selected the movie Beetlejuice.  Not very long into the movie my fearless nephew starts whimpering and whining because he was scared.  I couldn't believe it!  I said, 'You cant be scared of this, look, this is Batman!' he stood his ground.  Baffled, I turned it off and thought to myself 'this kid is a little special, so he is definitely in the right family.' While putting the movie away I noticed the movie Cujo and said, 'Hey, would you like to watch a movie about a puppy?'

1 comment: