Saturday, October 8, 2011

Trash talker silenced

My oldest brother is very tall and has above spectacular basketball ability.  One of his buddies, on a seasonal YMCA league asked him to play with his team for their final game.  We access the gym, my brother immediately starts stretching and runs a few laps.  During this time every other player was sitting around waiting for game time.  Majority of the opposing team began making fun of my brother and doing mock stretches.  There was one major and louder than the rest, big time trash talker.  My brother remained silent.  I, knowing my brother very well, knew he was just waiting for the right moment to strike back.  Not long into the game, big time trash talker stole the ball from our guy and began running down the court towards the basket.  My athletic brother quickly and with great ease caught up to him.  Right as the guy jumped up at a poor attempt to dunk that turned into a super sloppy lay up, my awesome brother - with one hand - grabs the ball in mid air, wedged it between the hoop and the backboard and ran back down court, leaving the trash talker standing under the basket pitifully looking up at the basketball in awe.  Immediately the gym filled with an uproar of cheering and laughter, the other team looked appropriately worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment