Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fright Night

One year on Halloween Lexi, Johnny, Monica and I thought we would test our courage by going to one of the local cemeteries.  We heard a myth that every year on Halloween night right at midnight if you are very quiet, you will hear classical music playing and a woman would appear.  Of course this didn't happen, however when midnight came I could feel the level of fear and anxiety growing in the car.  I quickly grab my cell phone and set the volume very low and select one of the preloaded classical type ring tones.  I then proceed to slowly increase the volume.  Johnny heard it first and immediately started to panic, Lexi fumbled trying to start the car to get us the heck out of there.  Monica's fear quickly caught up to and superseded Johnny's, unfortunately I couldn't contain my laughter longer than a few short minutes and began laughing hysterically and held up my phone.  They all were relieved and less than thrilled.  Thank goodness Lexi didn't take Johnny's suggestion, apparently he thought I deserved to walk home.  They were a little agitated with me for a while but, in the end it was totally worth it.

1 comment: