Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hiding in plain sight

My Mother typically puts her eye glasses on top of her head to briefly get them out of the way.  One day we went to the store, purchased a few items and left the store.  As we walked to the car my Mother said, 'Oh, wait a minute' then quickly turned to go back into the store.  I had no idea what she forget but knew it was best to followed her lead.  I followed her to the customer service desk, she asked the lady if anyone had very recently turned in a pair of glasses.  I looked at my Mother and saw her glasses on the tip of her nose and immediately started laughing.  The customer service lady looked confused for a moment then smiled at my Mother and reached up and tapped the tip of her own nose.  Mom realized instead of putting her glasses on top of her head, she slipped them down her nose.  She turned a little red, laughed, thanked the lady, and we left.  Once outside I started to really laugh at her, she pinched me and said, 'Oh hush', I reminded her that Alzheimer's runs in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment