Sunday, October 23, 2011

Priceless Prayer

While visiting my parents, sister and nephews.  I was happy to see my sister made praying before bedtime part of their ritual.  The smallest of her three boys very recently began sleeping in his very own big boy bed - this is a very big deal!  My sister told him once he finishes brushing his teeth to go to bed and remember to say his prayers.  I thought this was very cute and wanted to watch first hand.  I stood in the hallway, out of his sight, and watched my little big boy kneel down beside his bed, put his tiny little hands together and say, 'Now I lay me down to slee.. (he stopped abruptly, looked up and said loudly) Hey God, its ME!' and started again right where he left off.  I began laughing, my nephew looked at me surprised and said, 'I had to get his attention.' He then climbed into his big boy bed and very sweetly said, 'Night Night.'

No comments:

Post a Comment