Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lactose Life Lesson

When I was a child my grandmother constantly told me to stop drinking out of glasses that were not given to me.  I viewed this as harmless, fun, and I kind of enjoyed her fussing when I did it in front of her.  One day - I remember this very clearly - my grandmother and I were in the kitchen, I watched her take a glass out of the cabinet, walk to the refrigerator, and pour a nice cool glass of milk.  She then placed the glass on the kitchen table and walked out of the kitchen.  Right on cue and without hesitation I quickly pick up the glass take a very large drink from the ever inviting vaso.  I think it only took about four or five seconds before I realized it was buttermilk.  BLUK!  Needless to say, NEVER again did I drink from any glass other than my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment