Friday, March 30, 2012

Au naturale associate

Many years ago I used to work at Venture with my best friend Lexi and one of our buddy's Nathan.  One night business was particularly slow and we were really bored.  Nathan, Lexi, and I went out to "straighten and clean" the store.  This really meant we went walking around to stay out of sight.  We came across a men's shirt one of the customers left in the toy department, and decided to take it back to its rightful place.  In an effort to entertain Nathan and Lexi, I picked up the shirt and carefully placed it over my torso with the sleeves placed over my arms so it appeared as if I were wearing the shirt.  I walked with my chest puffed up and arms bowed as if I were quite muscular.  As predicted Nathan and Lexi did chuckle in response to my show.  As we approached the men's department, unbeknownst to me, Nathan reached over, grabbed the bottom corner of the shirt and quickly whipped it off my chest.  I was so engulfed in my acting that I screamed and reached up to cover my chest.  It only took me a second or two to realize I did still have my work shirt on and that I wasn't exposed.  Unfortunately I screamed a little louder than I would have liked to, and there was no way for me to play this off.  At this point Nathan and Lexi were both laughing hysterically. 

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha
    I can see it playing in my head. Your face was just hilarious. Ahhhhh. The memories!

    ReplyDelete