Sunday, March 11, 2012

Typing Tourettes

When my oldest brother was a professional athlete he traveled to many different countries all over the world.  A few times he was nice enough to bring me along for the ride.  When he is outside of the United States of America most of his correspondence is done via email.  I never took time to think that keyboards are set up differently in different countries.  One day I was out on the balcony taking in the view and I heard him making odd sounds.  "Aaat"  "Ooop"  "Ugh"  "No!" I walked back in to see him struggling over the computer trying to email one of his coaches.  I said, "What are you doing?" He proceeded to show me all the different little symbols.  It was quite comical watching him striking various keys mildly frustrated looking for familiar punctuation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment