Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Scratch N Spoof

I came across fake winning lottery scratch off tickets.  I decided to pass them out at work to a few unsuspecting coworkers.  One or two people briefly fell for my trick, while another coworker knew from the beginning.  However one coworker in particular really took the bait.  She jumped up from her desk and came running to my desk waiving the scratch off in the air.  She was overwhelmed with excitement saying, "Kimberly, look at this, look at this, oh my gosh, I will totally split this with you! Thank you thank you!" Other coworkers gathered around and took turns looking at the card.  Our supervisor came over looked at the card, turned it over and read the back, handed the card back to my coworker, and said 'Congratulations', then smiled at me and walked away.  It was very hard to keep from laughing, the other coworkers figured out the scratch off was a rouse and a few began laughing.  The bogus winner was still elated until someone asked her how she planned to redeem her winnings.  Finally she took a moment to read the back of the card and realized it was all a joke.  Luckily she took the joke very well and asked me where she can find the trick cards so she could attempt to do the same thing to her family.  Gotta love a good sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment