Sunday, March 25, 2012

Big biker bigger heart

While standing in line at the grocery store, I found myself standing behind a tough looking middle-aged biker guy, with his arms full of groceries.  He was tall, had a large muscular build, lots of tattoos, wearing Harley Davidson gear, full facial hair, a bandanna, & the whole nine.  We both stood in line quietly, the next thing I knew the Cuppy Cake song by Strawberry Shortcake started playing.  If you are not familiar with this song.  It sounds like a child about 3 years old is singing.  The music in the background sounds very similar to a nursery rhyme lullaby.  A few of the words are "You're my hunny bunch sugar plum, you're my sweetie pie, you're my cuppy cake, gum drop, you're the apple of my eye, and I love you so and I want you to know that I'll always be right here, and I love to sing, songs to you because you are so dear."  The big tough guy began juggling his groceries trying to quickly get to his cell phone.  He finally answered it, had a brief conversation & ended the call.  He turned around to see me laughing & said, 'That was my daughter.'  I said "That was the cutest thing I've seen all day."  He smiled and said, "Thanks, she knows I don't know to change the ringer on my phone."  I said, "And I hope you never figure it out!"  He laughed and nodded in agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment