Sunday, April 1, 2012

Father knows best

Of course when I was very young & too little to attend school my first teachers were my parents.  My Dad taught me many many things.  Thanks to his comedic mind some of the things he taught me were real and some were less than accurate.  He being a military man, taught me military time.  Our home clocks were all set to military time as well.  He also taught me that if I kissed my elbow I would turn into a boy.  He said dinosaurs are extinct because they were smokers.  My Dad is my Mom's senior by 8 years however he insists they met because she used to babysit him.  It wasn't until I was in school that I realized after twelve hundred hours, the numbers started over again with one.  Initially after hearing this  I was certain my teacher was a complete imbecile and couldn't wait to get home to tell my father about the insanity she tried to instill.  My Dad laughed as I tried to convince him just how crazy my teacher was.  After this happened a few more times, I thought it would be wise to verify some of his teachings with my Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment