Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The frustrated, the quivering, & the senseless

At one point in time, my buddy CK and I used to work together.  A major part of our job description required us to speak to a large amount on people on a daily basis.  While sitting in the break room with another coworker whom we didn't know very well, CK began to calmly vent saying "One of my biggest pet peeves on a daily basis is the amount of people that don't know that a couple is 2, a few is 2 to 4, and several is 5 or more."  Laughing, and amused with his frustration, I agreed.  The coworker chimed in saying, "Yeah, what is their problem?  They must be Mormon."  I sat there looking at him wild-eyed and muted in disbelief.  I thought to myself, 'Did he really just say that?'  I also silently wondered what Mormons have to do with CK's statement?  CK, being the exceedingly clever person that he is said, "Hey, take it easy, my wives are Mormon!"  I sat there quivering, trying to contain my laughter, while the coworker looked at CK with a very surprised and embarrassed look on his face.  The coworker fumbled to excuse himself and quickly disappeared from the break room.  Well played CK, well played.

2 comments:

  1. I like this CK guy's attitude... one of these day's you're going to have to introduce us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can arrange that, but first I will have to check your security clearance - CK is Super VIP!

    ReplyDelete