Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tickle me Jesus

I am very ticklish, even the slightest little tickle sends me into hysterics.  Years ago, back in my junior high and high school days, I regularly served as an altar girl at our church.  The usage of cell phones and pagers was not allowed during any church services.  One particular Sunday, instead of turning off my pager, I chose to simply silence all sounds and keep it on my side under my robe.  Church service was moving along nicely, and right on schedule it was time for communion.  As Pastor and I stood in front of our large congregation my pager began to vibrate.  I almost never set it to vibrate so I had no idea just how strong the setting was.  I immediately begin squirming and doing my best to maintain composure.  The vibration of the pager directly on my side was in prime tickle zone, making it almost unbearable and impossible to get to under my robe.  Right when I almost lost my poise the pager stopped.  A big wave of relieve came over me, as I did not want to spill any of the wine, and the congregation was already lining up to receive communion.  Little did I know, my pager had a offering of it's own.  Exactly one minute later and once every minute thereafter my pager vibrated a reminder for about 3 seconds.  By the time communion was over, as a direct result of my repeated giggles and flinching, I am pretty sure a nice handful of our church goers thought I suffered from some type of tourettes or thought I was completely insane.  Needless to say, moving forward I turned my pager off during church.

1 comment:

  1. I started laughing at "I regularly served as an altar girl at our church."

    ReplyDelete