Saturday, November 12, 2011

You can almost SEE the fear

On a recent trip to the eye doctor, I signed in at the desk and was told to go to the waiting area until they call my name.  The waiting area is L shaped,  I see about 12 people in the front and only 6 people in the back.  I walk down to where there were less people and take a seat.  In an attempt to avoid boredom I take out my phone and try to get on Facebook but it wouldn't connect.  I then try Twitter, I quickly found it to be boring.  I play Bejeweled 3, but I just wasn't feeling it, oh nevermind I will just sit here.  Eventually I look at the person sitting in front of me and notice she has big black eyes.  I thought 'What the heck is going on with her?'  I look at another person and see the same big black eyes.  At this point fear is quickly rising in my tummy while I casually check the status of everyones eyes.  After confirming everyone in this section is obviously a zombie, I try to plan my escape.  I have to get out of here before one of them hurries over to me and starts eating away at my leg.  I seriously don't have time to become a zombie.  I have to go to work tomorrow, I don't feel like spending my whole weekend in zombie training - this is ridiculous!  Right before my fear turned into panic the woman at the desk calls out my name.  I very quickly and a little too loudly answer 'YES!' and I jump up and almost run to the desk.  On my way to the desk I think 'It is very reckless and dangerous for this office to not clearly mark the zombie section - I should say something.'  It isn't until then that I realize I was in the section for patients that had their eyes dilated and are waiting to go back in to see the doctor.  I could only giggle at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment