Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sleepy sibling rivalry

He who holds the TV remote holds all the power (this is a well known fact) late one night my brother and I were in the family room and I had the remote.  My never ending desire to torture my brother made me turn the TV to Home Shopping Network, Antiques Road Show, and other channels I knew he wouldn't like. 
Brother:  'Turn to something good, I know you are doing this on purpose.'
Me:  'What? This is my favorite show!'
Brother:  'Stop playing, give me the remote.'
Me:  'That's not going to happen.'
He huffed and announced he was going to go to bed.  I said, 'And good riddance to you!'  At this point my eyes began getting heavy, and I am falling asleep, however I don't dare let the remote slip out of my grasp.  Unbeknownst to me, my brother army crawled down the hall, back into the family room, positioning himself directly behind me as I lay on the couch.  He began to very quietly chant my name 'Kim Kim Kim' in the exact same fashion Friday the 13th makes their 'Cha Cha Cha' sound.  I quickly awoke, looked around, shrugged it off, changed the channel, then began falling back asleep.  Again and a little louder I heard, 'Kim Kim Kim'  I sat up, muted the TV, looked around, waited a few seconds, disregarded my fear and relaxed. A few moments later I hear a tiny bit louder 'Kim Kim Kim'  Ok this time I know for sure I heard it!  I called the family dog (a 80 pound pedigree red Pitbull) directed him to lay on the floor in front of the couch, I very hesitantly lay back down.  It took a few minutes, eventually my exhaustion reared its ugly head and I began to fall back asleep.  I heard a loud voice directly behind my head say 'KIM KIM RAAAAH!' My brother came up and over the couch and grabbed me.  I scream in sheer terror, the dog jumps up and starts barking, I am now shaking and in tears, my brother is laughing so hard he has tears rolling down his face, then here comes our Dad running down the hall wearing only his boxer shorts holding his pistol in the air.  Surprised, we looked at him, I am still crying, brother still laughing.  Dad said, 'What's going on in here!?!'  Through tears I pointed at my giggling sibling and said, 'He scared me!'  My Dad looked angrily at both of us and said, 'Everybody go to bed! Turn everything off and GO TO BED!' he then turned around and walked back to his bedroom.  My brother looked at me, picked the remote up off the couch, tossed it to me, chuckled again, and said, 'Night Night little Sis.'       

No comments:

Post a Comment