Monday, March 4, 2013

Pirouetting butt slapper

I recently took a typical trip to the grocery store to pick up a few necessities.  As I made my way to the registers, I quickly scanned the open check out lines picking the best of the worst.  I stepped into line behind a dad shopping with his young daughter.  The little girl looked to be about 4 years old.  I watched his hyper little cutie get into the candy, dishevel the magazine display, and dance all around her seeming oblivious daddy.  I moved to the side of my cart to organize my groceries so I can quickly put them on the moving belt.  While I was peering down into my cart, moving things around, the precocious little sprite danced her way between her daddy my cart and slapped his butt on the way by.  He turned around, looked at me, and smiled.  Surprised, I looked at him and pointed to his now pirouetting child.  He put his hand out (for me to shake) and said, 'Hi my name is John.'  I laughed and said, 'Hi, you know I didn't touch you right?'  I guess none of that registered with him because he the next thing he said was, 'Do you live around here?'  I just stared at him wild eyed.  Thank goodness the person in front of him walked away, and I said, 'Look, it's your turn!'  John turned to focus his attention on the cashier.  A moment later the little girl looked at me and gave me a little mischievous smile.  I looked back at her and stuck my tongue out at her, she giggled and resumed her dance routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment