Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Elevator survival skills

After work we rush to the elevator as we are pretty anxious to leave for the day.  The elevator is 100% fully functional about half the time.  At first the ride down to the lobby was normal, then all of the sudden the elevator stopped.  I pressed the L button and the elevator resumed it's voyage.  Once again the elevator stopped, this time with a very noticeable jerk.  Again, I pressed the button but this time nothing happened.  We all looked at each other, one of my coworkers suggested pressing the button again.  I did, but still there was no movement.  Many times, I am my own worst enemy because my mind takes me places I really shouldn't be.  Once I realized we could potentially be stuck in the elevator I immediately thought of the movie 'Devil.'  If you have never seen this movie SPOILER ALERT! It is about 5 people stuck in an elevator and one of them is the devil. As you probably guessed, people started dying.  Iinitially they didn't know who the killer was, turns out it was the cute little old lady.  I turned around to size up who exactly I was going to have to fight to the death.  My new enemies seemed pretty nonthreatening, a bit relieved, I relaxed.  Then I saw her, standing behind a tall young woman was a little old lady!  I tensed right back up and never took my eyes off of her.  Our little devil in disguise said she was feeling claustrophobic and moved from the back corner of the elevator to front and center, standing directly beside me.  I thought to myself, 'Bring it on Nana! You don't want any of this!'  Luckily before my mind was able to really make me do something to completely embarrass myself the elevator resumed it's travel to the lobby.  I never ever took my eyes off of her and I am not proud of the fact that when we finally did make it to the lobby I made absolutely sure that I was the first one out of the elevator.  I am even less proud to share that right when the doors opened I did a quick turning side step backing my way out of her evil plan.  I am pretty sure  my swift 'cat like' movement reinforced to Nana that I was on to her dastardly shenanigans!  For the record my behavior is not proof of insanity, I prefer to classify it is finely tuned survival skills.   

No comments:

Post a Comment