Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Parrot personifies the King of Pop

I listen to Pandora Radio on a daily basis.  I usually listen to the same few stations, toggling between Alicia Keys, Pitbull, Ludacris, Prince, and Missy Elliott.  By far, my favorite station is the Michael Jackson station, I listen to it about 60% percent of the time while singing and dancing.  Recently, while visiting my parents, I was cleaning the kitchen and as usual had Pandora locked on my beloved Michael Jackson station.  To my delight 'Thriller' was playing, I spent more time poorly imitating the dance moves than actually cleaning the kitchen.   We all know at the conclusion of 'Thriller' Vincent Price laughs.  Immediately upon hearing the laughter my Mother's parrot Rico began loudly mimicking the sound.  At first it was funny but, he would not stop!  My Mother and nephews came into the family room to investigate.  We tried to distract him by talking to him, whistling the 'Andy Griffith Theme Song' (he loves that) ~ we also played the Chicago Bulls Theme song (a major family favorite).  Rico laughed exactly like Vincent Price for about 6 minutes.  The next day I was listening to the Michal Jackson station again, the moment 'Thriller' began playing Rico immediately began laughing again.  My Mother looked at me, I looked back at her and said, 'What can I say, our feathered friends know just as well as we do that Michael Jackson is the King!'

No comments:

Post a Comment