Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Corporate chair dance

I used to work as a manager in an office where surprise visits by our corporate office were not unusual.  My desk was positioned in a way that my back faced the front door.  When I focus on my paperwork I become less and less aware of my surroundings.  One day I had more paperwork than usual, so I put in my ear buds and set my Pandora Radio to a nice upbeat station.  To my delight, Single Ladies by Beyonce began playing.  Completely oblivious to my surroundings, I began mimicking dance moves.  My co-manager Cassy saw one of our corporate managers walk in and sent me a 'Warning' instant message.  I was too preoccupied with my concert to take 2 seconds to click on the bright blinking icon.  By the time the corporate manager made his way to my desk I was engaged in full song and dance.  At this point I was bopping to the beat, singing out loud, actually reaching around behind myself and smacking my backside.  I just happened to look up and see the corporate manager standing there looking down at me with a big smile on his face.  I immediately stopped, frozen with embarrassment.  I could feel my face heating up as a fresh new supply of blood rushed into it.  My coworkers where almost doubled over laughing hysterically.  Thankfully, the corporate manager had a good sense of humor and said, 'Do you take requests?'  Still very embarrassed, I nervously laughed, picked up my planner, and followed him and our other managers (who all had huge smiles on their faces) into the conference room for a meeting.  Needless to say that was the last concert I had for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment