Friday, June 22, 2012

Cantonese chanteuse

Last night my dear friend Stacey and I were driving home from Dave & Busters.  As usual time spent with Stacey is full of fun and laughing until your stomach hurts.  While sitting at a stop light, a car with it's windows down blasting hard core gangster rap pulled up next to us.  I said, 'Geez, spare me' we looked over and saw the car contained four young Chinese men.  They were loudly speaking and quite possibly rapping in Chinese desperately trying to keep up with the beat of the music.  While doing so they were also dancing and flailing about as if they were listening to rave music.  Stacey and I began laughing hysterically.  I said, 'I have never seen anything like this.'  Stacey said, 'I just don't understand why don't have any glow sticks.  Aren't they made in China?'  Sadly the light changed and our curbside show ended in tail lights.  The rest of the night I had to listen to Stacey enthusiastically sing, 'Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so!' 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment