Sunday, February 19, 2012

Boss bubble blooper

When I finish my lunch at work I usually clean the plastic container so it isn't as much of a chore that night when I do the dishes.  One day I thought in addition to dish soap, it would be a good idea to use the boiling hot water from the coffee machine opposed to water from the sink.  I added a nice squirt of dish soap and an ample amount of steaming hot water into the container.  Put the lid on tightly and thought, if I give this a good shake it will really clean out the container nicely.   I vigorously shook the container forgetting about simple laws of physics and the remote possibility of pressure building.  I put the container on the counter and reached for paper tower then all of the sudden the lid loudly popped off the container spraying a large amount of bubbles all over me.  I had bubbles all over the front of my shirt, bubbles on my shoulder, my cheek, and a tall tower of bubbles right on top of my head.  As I stood there surprised and literally covered in bubbles our workplace big boss walked into the small kitchenette area. When he saw me he stopped in his tracks and his eyes grew huge.  All I could do was nervously chuckle and say, 'Isn't today Take a Shower at Work day?'  He began laughing harder than I had ever seen before and said, 'I don't think I got that email but I like your team spirit.'  He made himself a cup of coffee and watched me try to wipe away all the bubbles laughing the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment