Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Disorderly Drill

One night my friend Bernie and I watched a scary movie, in this movie there were two girls home alone and some people broke into their house and the horror ensued.  When the movie was over Bernie and I looked at each other and asked each other, 'Are you scared?' 'No' 'Are you scared?' 'No'  It was pretty late and time for bed and there was no way either of us was willing to go upstairs alone.  Once we got upstairs we began to devise an action plan just in case someone breaks into the house. Bernie said, 'I have a weapon under my bed!' I said, 'OK, I will time you - 1 2 3 GO!'  Bernie ran into her room and dove under her bed, she began squirming around & throwing out all these shoes, laughing and saying "ooh I was looking for this!"  She finally emerged, weapon in hand and a big smile of satisfaction on her face.  Laughing I said, 'Umm, it has been six minutes, we are all dead.'  Now it is my turn to stop the unwanted intruder and save us! Bernie now timing me said, '1 2 3 GO!'  I ran into my room looked around, and I didn't see anything remotely close to a weapon.  I find my Shake Weight and wonder if I can fight off someone without it repeatedly hitting me back at the same time.  All the while I am running around my bedroom Bernie is shaking her head and almost doubled over in laughter.  I look at my bed and see the abundance of pillows and decide all I can do is try to pillow fight them into submission.  I'd say a self defense class is definitely in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment