Sunday, April 21, 2013

The stench of embarrassment

If anyone out there is interested in trying to embarrass me, please rest assured I have that department under control all on my own.  Seriously, no one can embarrass me like I can.  I pulled into my apartment complex, parked my car, then felt the strong urge to pass gas.  As I got out of my car I noticed a family unloading groceries right next to me, so I held it in.  Keys in hand, I hurried to the building and quickly entered.  As soon a I entered the building I began ascending the steps leading up to my floor.  Happy to be alone, I began to relax and release,
STEP PFFT - STEP PFFT - STEP PFFT - STEP PFFT - STEP PFFT - STEP PFFT - STEP PFFT - STEP PFFT. 
Once I reached the top of that particular set of stairs I happened to turn and look up towards the next set.  I saw a young man sitting on the steps looking at me wild-eyed in disbelief.  Immediately I felt my face heat up with embarrassment.  I looked at him, smiled, and sweetly said, 'You're excused."  then I hurried down the hall to the safety of my sweet smelling apartment, far away from the stink of stairway embarrassment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment