Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Little Ms. Loose Bladder

Recently my cousin Rakell and I made plans to have a fun game night at my house.  Our fun game night grew into a small party due to a handful of unexpected friends stopping by.  My close friends are aware that I don't encourage unexpected visits however, if you bring a nice beverage with you I will happily turn the other cheek.  Our game night quickly turned from Wii games to drinking games.  Rakell (who is always fun and awesome) already planned to spend the night, however her (barely tolerable when sober but extremely annoying when drunk) friend Sonia drank too much to drive home.  I was worried that Sonia would unknowingly do something undesirable in her drunken state while we slept.  I told Rakell she had to babysit her ditsy drunken disaster.  As Rakell set up a place for Ms. Drunky Drunkerton to sleep, she repeatedly told her exactly how to get to the bathroom.  Rakell kept repeating, "Down the hall, tinkle left. Down the hall, tinkle left."  Sonia drunkenly nodded her head and slurred, 'Tinkle left, tinkle left.'  Thankfully, I am a very light sleeper, seriously, if the wind changes direction - I hear it.  A few hours later I heard Sonia struggling to get herself up from the air mattress.  I will admit, I did enjoy hearing her struggle.  I did not enjoy hearing her loudly bump into my living room side table and the sound of my digital photo frame crashing to the floor.  The next thing I knew Sonia came barreling through the bedroom door.  I knew I should have bet Rakell that her drunken disaster would not be able to tell her left from her right.  I loudly said, 'This is NOT the bathroom!'  I heard the sound of clothing moving, I quickly jumped out of bed and rushed to Sonia who was now in a crouching position.  To my horror, I felt warm a liquid sprinkling down into my toes.  I screamed for Rakell as I grabbed Sonia and tried to pull her up to a standing position.  While it is true that Rakell and I share a large amount of DNA, our sleeping habits are drastically different - the girl sleeps like a rock!  I continued yelling Rakell's name while I struggled with the dead weight.  I also found myself seriously regretting wearing socks to bed.  Finally, Rakell woke up and turned on the light.  As light filled the room it revealed the puzzled look on Rakell's face as she saw me wrestling with Sonia - who was naked from the waist down.  Together we managed to get little Ms. Loose Bladder to the bathroom.  Rakell knew I was furious and immediately apologized for her friend and began cleaning up the mess.  A little time went by and she still hadn't emerged from the bathroom.  I asked Rakell to check on her, it was both maddening and comical when I heard Rakell open the bathroom door and say, 'Girl, why are you in the tub!?!'  All I could do, (after taking off and throwing away my socks) was lay down on my bed and listen to Rakell trying to deal with her hot mess of a friend.  The next morning Sonia had absolutely no recollection of her actions.  Sonia looked embarrassed as we filled her in on every single detail.  As a result, she kindly bought us all breakfast.  That was the one and only time Sonia will ever sleep under my roof.         

1 comment: