Monday, September 10, 2012

Dog gone

A few years back, and as usual my family gathered together to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday.  It seemed to be our typical holiday gathering.  My Mother and my Sister made a wonderfully delicious dinner, my Aunt Debbie made her family favorite and highly demanded pound cake, other family members came over, also bringing their signature dishes.  Dinner was over, and the assortment of deserts began making their appearances.  My cousin Rakell mentioned getting a new puppy, I looked around and said, "Hey, where is Tisha?" My Mother looked at me and said, "We gave her away."  Surprised I said, "WHAT!?!  Why did you do that?  We had that dog longer than any other dog we've ever had.  I loved that dog!" My Mother calmly looked at me and said, "Tisha has been gone for 4 days."  My response was simply, "Oh."  My Aunts, Uncles, and cousins began laughing hysterically.  I guess it's safe to say I am not quite the dog lover I proclaim to be.   

No comments:

Post a Comment