Sunday, December 4, 2011

Potty prisoner

While at work using the restroom, I happened to be the only person in there at that moment.  The cleaning lady came in pushing her very large and heavy cart.  She must have forgotten something because I heard her leave the restroom and go into their storage closet located right next to the restroom.  I didn't realize she pushed and stopped her cart directly in front of the stall I was using.  I realized this when I tried to open the door and it opened only a few inches revealing the cart.  I tried pushing harder and harder but the cart would not budge.  I stood there for a moment and reassured myself, thinking she will surely be back in a moment and will move the cart.  Then I heard the sound of the building's fire alarm system.  I thought to myself 'ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!'  I wondered if this was simply a drill or if the building was really on fire.  I stood there longer than I would like to admit, trying to figure out which scenario was worse.  Being heard screaming for help from the bathroom, or getting into trouble for not being accounted for in a fire drill.  It is funny how I never, at any point, considered the repercussion of being trapped in a possibly burning building.  Luckily my thought process was interrupted by the same cleaning lady.  That poor lady, I think I scared her a bit because as soon as she moved the cart I popped out of that stall pretty quickly. 

3 comments:

  1. U should of said.....peek a boo!
    Surprise! Funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! This will become training material for the next class of new hires!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahaha Only because I know that scared look you get on your face when you think you are in trouble!!

    ReplyDelete